- you get less than five hours asleep because your alarm is set for 5:30am every other day.
- you know how to get ready after running fifteen laps and six ladders, and doing the routine from hell a thousand times. (sweaty)
- you have bruises up and down your arms. even bruises that you dont comprehend how they got there.
- you look ugly on fridays because you're assigned to wear an ugly t-shirt.
- you want a seasonal boyfriend. (football season; football star. etc.)
- you wear your cheer shoes more than your favorite high heels.
- you have an ankle brace ;)
- you have fifteen girls that you could share your whole world with.
you know you're a cheerleader when.....
Posted by sky.mckell. at 2:02 PM
guys, life is just too dang busy. i'm trying to stay on top of everything; school, cheer, work, boys. yada yada! but anyways, let me just fill you in on whats been going on lately.
- at the end of october hopefully i'm quitting pizza factory and getting a job at american eagle. now, let me stop you right there. yes, kami is my best friend. and yes, she does work at american eagle. however! i am not getting a job there just because she works there. its just a bonus :) lately everyone thinks we're bi for eachother. its false. i actually really like men.
- lately i have had the biggest desire to attend USU. they sent me a postcard, no one else. i felt special. ;)
- i found a boy. a boy that treats me well. we watched Up. we want our own club. and we want to live in this house.
- this boy and i have seen each other 14 days in a row. now, you laugh. however, 14 days is two weeks. for not going to the same school and not hanging out with the same people and having such busy lives, 14 days is a lot. its a record.
- i asked a beautiful young man to sadies. his name is london. hopefully he says yes:)
- i tried red lipstick. i cant decide if it was a success or a failure.
- last but not least, i miss this. so much.
Posted by sky.mckell. at 5:31 PM
girl cheered at a long cold game.
boy enjoyed a night with his family.
boy promises girl to warm her up after.
girl keeps looking at the scoreboard, hoping the clock doesnt stop.
boy is lookin pretty fine after the game.
boy just holds girl.
girls in love.
boy holds girls hand while she dozes off.
boy kisses girls forehead and quietly walks out the front door.
girl doesnt know what she did to become so lucky.
boy and girl and in love.
Posted by sky.mckell. at 10:02 AM
ya know, i've fought for him for a while now. truth is, its too hard. she is just willing to do anything to have him. maybe its what is best for the both of us, to spend time apart; grasp what we really want. but she thinks this is just a game when i'm truly hurt. we've liked each other on and off for three years and she decides she'd like to step in and make herself comfortable. well there ya go! you win. he promised me he'd let me back out and i think he'll keep that promise to me. so we'll see how things go. sky needs to find herself again and this is the start of something new.
Posted by sky.mckell. at 11:45 PM
maybe we're acquaintances, or best friends. maybe you were my first kiss; austin murray! we were such kids in love. but i still consider him my good friend. maybe we were elected BFF's in junior high; my twinners. taryn and taylor. i will never forget the amazing friendship you guys gave me. i'm so lucky. maybe you're that one person that always says hi to me in the halls and we barely know eachother; kurt cottle. your hello's brighten up my day. maybe you were my first guy friends; tanner, sam, brady, london, cam, joel, mckay. you made me realize hanging out with girls every night can get boring. maybe we went on spring break together to florida; my cass. such good memories. i know i can always call you when i'm bawling about stupid issues. you're a good friend. maybe we're cheer captains at THS; kam. i freakin love you. we've grown so much closer and you listen when i need someone to. you're fun, and i love you. maybe you brought me an icee when i was feeling down; tori, tiff, janessa, cam, cass. your small act of kindness made my day that much better. maybe we grew apart, and then back together; sar. i'll always consider you a best friend. we just have a good time when we're together and i can call you whenever i need someone. maybe you were there for me when my mom died; cam, taryn, taylor, sarah, kerbi. truly, i dont know where i'd be. as i'm walking into the cultural hall for my mom's funeral, your faces just gave me hope. maybe we have secrets. maybe we work together; afton, taylor, corie, aaron, nick. you make my job so enjoyable, i'm excited to go in every day. maybe you're my hero; gen, the best sister. we've been through a lot together, but i truly consider you my hero. you would take me into your family tomorrow, and i cant thank you enough for that. always protect me. maybe you made my summer amazing; patrick. our friendship has continued to grow and i value it. maybe you're on a mission; nick, tyson. i look up to you so much, and i'm so glad we got to spend time together before you left to serve the Lord. maybe i consider you my mother on earth; becky hunter. you've been there for me through it all. i know there's always food in the pantry and a warm bed for me at your house. and maybe you're my best friend; cam. always been there for me ALWAYS. you're a blessing straight from heaven and wherever this crazy life takes us, you have impacted me forever.
whoever you are, and however we have interacted, i consider myself lucky to know you.
Posted by sky.mckell. at 7:17 PM